Morris Island, SC

7"H x 4"W.  Amazingly well-detailed cold-cast porcelain lighthouse.  Comes with a replaceable mini bulb and runs on 2 AA batteries, not included.  Built in 1876.  Located at the entrance to Charleston Harbor, this 161' high brick replacement tower is situated near the spot where the original tower was built, then detroyed during the Civil War.  It is built on a 8' thick concrete foundation, fortified by pile-driven timber supports.  Despite severe damage from both an earthquake and a hurricane in the mid 1880's, the Morris Ialand lighthouse still stands today, although not active.  The land surrounding the lighthouse was completely eroded from the foundation, making the structure appear to tower directly out of the water.     

Morris Island, SC
Click To Enlarge
  • Item #: CCM8677
  * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $55.00
Availability In-Stock