Tucker's Beach, NJ Lighthouse

Built in 1848 to guide traffic into Little Egg Harbor, Tucker's Beach, NJ.  The lighthouse was poorly constructed and it was not nearly bright enough to be of use to mariners.  After Absecon Lighthouse began operating in 1857, Tucker's Beach Lighthouse ceased in 1859.  Rethinking it's drastic move, the Lighthouse Board redid the Tucker's Beach Lighthouse but eventually it fell in 1927 due to erosion all around it.  It had been replaced by a skeletal tower.  Approx. 4.5 x 3.5 x 5-6".   Sits on an unattached wood base.  Comes in tin with cert.            

Tucker's Beach, NJ Lighthouse
Click To Enlarge
  • Item #: CCM13554
  * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $60.00
Availability In-Stock